Briefing Note 381 [November 2018]
Sydney Harbour beach erosion – actions of the sea or stormwater runoff?
Briefing Note 380 [November 2018]
Key Conclusions of the U.S. National Climate Assessment 2018
Briefing Note 379 [November 2018]
The 2018 Lake Muir Earthquakes
Briefing Note 378 [November 2018]
Mystery of the cargo ships that sink when their cargo suddenly liquefies
Briefing Note 377 [October 2018]
The IPCC Special Report on Global Warming: The Great Divider
Briefing Note 376 [October 2018]
The 28 September Mw 7.5 Sulawesi Earthquake
Briefing Note 375 [September 2018]
Parameters of the Carr Fire Tornado, California, 26 July 2018
Briefing Note 374 [August 2018]
Abrupt climate change in the Anthropocene
Briefing Note 373 [July 2018]
Risk Frontiers’ new earthquake model shows reduced losses for Australia
Briefing Note 372 [July 2018]
Fight over PG&E’s liability in Wine Country fires is just beginning
Briefing 371 [July 2018]
Why isn’t the bond market more worried about climate change?
Briefing Note 370 [July 2018]
A global slowdown of tropical-cyclone translation speed and implications for flooding
Briefing Note 369 [June 2018]
Cyclopters: Drones of the future
Briefing Note 368 [June 2018]
Climate change may lead to bigger atmospheric rivers
Briefing Note 367 [May 2018]
Thwaites and Pine Island Glaciers of Antartica and the Prospect of Rapid Sea Rise
Briefing Note 366 [March 2018]
FS-ISAC 2018 Cybersecurity Trends
Briefing Note 365 [February 2018]
Why is Roman concrete more durable than modern concrete?
Briefing Note 364 [February 2018]
Updated GNS Central New Zealand Earthquake Forecast
Briefing Note 363 [January 2018]
Flood Deaths in the Northern Territory
Briefing Note 362 [January 2018]
Hawaii False Alarm Hints at Thin Line Between Mishap and Nuclear War
Amri, A., Bird, D. K., Ronan, K., Haynes, K., and Towers, B. Disaster risk reduction education in Indonesia: challenges and recommendations for scaling up. Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci., 17, 595-612, doi:10.5194/nhess-17-595-2017, 2017.
Amri, A. (2015). Challenges in implementing disaster risk reduction education: Views from the frontline in Indonesia. Macquarie University Sydney.
Blong, R., Enright, N., Grasso, P., Preservation of thin tephra. Journal of Applied Volcanology.
Newsletter Volume17 Issue4
- Is the forward motion of tropical cyclones in the Australian region slowing due to anthropogenic climate change?
- Risk Frontiers’ seminar series 2018
- QuakeAUS 6.0
Newsletter Volume17 Issue3
- The new QuakeAUS: impact of revised GA earthquake magnitudes on hazards and losses
- Tathra 2018 Bushfires
Newsletter Volume 17 Issue2
- Weather-related natural disasters 2017: was this a reversion to the mean?
- The Hawaii nuclear alert: how did people respond?
- Risk Frontiers’ Multi-Peril Workbench 2.4 has now been released
Newsletter Volume 17 Issue1
- A Natural Hazard Building Loss Profile for Australia: 1900-2015
- Risk Frontiers’ Annual Seminar: A Provisional Programme
- Weather-related Natural Disasters: Should we be concerned about a reversion to the mean?