Population density in Australia and the broader Asia-Pacific region is historically clustered on the coast – more than 80% of Australians live within the coastal zone. A key challenge for government is to manage the exposure of a growing coastal population in an inherently dynamic hazard zone.
Risk Frontiers has longstanding experience in working with government and other stakeholders to design and deliver sustainable management and engineering solutions in the coastal zone. Our diverse skills base allows us to provide holistic solutions that incorporate scientific, engineering and economic components.
Our coastal capabilities include:
- probabilistic hazard loss modelling
- numerical modelling of coastal erosion and inundation risk including storm surge, riverine and tsunami
- extreme value analyses of met-ocean data, coastal process reviews
- geospatial visualisations
- analyses of coastal risk and exposure
- pre-and post-storm bathymetric surveying, and
- biodiversity exposure assessments.
Our staff also have active research interests in a range of related fields including wave climate change, sea-level rise, tsunami modelling and east coast low and tropical cyclone dynamics.
Please contact us for further information on how Risk Frontiers can help with risk modelling of coastal hazards. Email: email@example.com. Telephone: +61 2 8459 9770.