Wednesday, 11th September 2019
at the Museum of Sydney
cnr Bridge and Phillip Streets, Sydney
2pm until 4.30pm followed by light refreshments in the foyer.
- Prof Andy Pitman – GCMs and their limitations (including in modelling climate extremes)
- A/Prof Lisa Alexander – how climate observations are now being used in actuarial assessments of risk
- Dr Greg Holland – Projecting changes in tropical cyclone activity in a warmer world
- Prof Seth Westra – Quantifying the impacts of climate change and variability on Australian and international water resources, including on floods and drought
- Dr Ryan Crompton – Assessing future risk assuming projected changes in hazard activity, exposure and vulnerability using NAT CAT models
At the conclusion of the presentations, we plan to run an unscripted panel session (30-40 mins) including all of the above speakers.