Risk Scientist (Modelling and Data)
- Challenging and interesting projects that make a difference
- Diverse and high performing team
- Flexible working
Risk Frontiers Holdings Pty Ltd (Risk Frontiers) is a recognised leader in natural hazards and climate risk services, focused on providing client centric solutions to address risk and resilience problems. Risk Frontiers works with a wide range of sectors, spanning global (re)insurance, infrastructure, electricity and government and non-government to deliver risk modelling and resilience solutions. Our products and services address natural hazards, climate change and the human dimensions of risk.
An exciting full-time opportunity is available for an early career, innovative, adaptable and analytical thinker, with excellent probabilistic modelling and data science skills to join our risk modelling team as we continue to grow and enter new markets. You will work in a team-based environment contributing to the development and delivery of Risk Frontiers’ catastrophe loss modelling suite and climate risk analytics products and services.
- A PhD in natural hazards, climate science, engineering, statistics, mathematics or physics
- Demonstrated advanced skills in computational data analysis, modelling and the analysis of weather and climate extremes
- Experience in retrieving, managing and processing large datasets
- Experience in coding (Python, SQL, C# preferred)
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills, including written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated strategic and innovative thinking with the ability to develop unique solutions to address complex problems
- Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
Located at St Leonards (NSW) with a short walk to public transport, we offer flexible working options including time spent working from home, professional development and a great team working environment to foster your potential.
To apply please forward a covering letter and resume outlining your suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close Tuesday 12th September, 2023. To learn more about Risk Frontiers see www.riskfrontiers.com.